Tuesday, August 2, 2016

We Are So Broke, When Will It Get Better? Then the blessings come....


Paycheck to paycheck!
That is our life!

We were always broke growing up.
My mom was a single mother, of three children, that worked full time just to make ends meet. People in our church would give us hand me downs for clothes and the church sometimes had to give us money for food or gas to get us to her next paycheck. There were those Christmas's that we would volunteer our time with our church feeding the homeless, then delivering presents around town to kids that didn't have any. After that we would come home to have had someone deliver presents and food to our house as well. I remember times when we wouldn't have any money and have already searched the house for anything. Then all of a sudden in her purse (a place we already looked) there would be a twenty dollar bill. Or the time that we went to the mail box to find an envelope with money from an anonymous person right when we needed it. God always came through when I was a child. We always made it through somehow!

How are we going to make it until next week?

Here we are present day trying to make ends meet.
My husband works two jobs just to provide for our family. It's hard work, he is tired a lot of the time and we are still barely making it through. Paycheck to paycheck we live. A lot of times we can't do things that others are doing because we are out of money.  I have experience with this because of my childhood but it's tiring. We just want to have a little cushion and I have been stressing about it a lot lately. I haven't turned to God about it. I have just been stressing and worrying about it. I have been feeling hopeless. It's been wearing me down. Then my pastor asked me if I was spending time in the bible and in prayer?
No.
I wasn't.
I have been spending all my time worrying, feeling sorry for myself and trying to do everything on my own. My husband goes to work at 4:30am and I am always up with him when he goes. Before I would spend that time reading, working out, or some chore that I needed to do. I decided to take that time to spend with God.
It has only been about two weeks since I started doing this and I am already feeling better. More relaxed and less stressed. I'm starting not to complain as much and I feel hopeful.
About 4 days ago our neighbor brought over a huge bag of clothes for our youngest daughter. It was so nice there were a bunch of clothes to finish off Summer and a ton for Winter coming up.
The next day I received a Facebook message from a friend that has a big bag of girl clothes as well for us.
Yesterday, a friend brought by eight bags of boys clothes for my son. Clothes for this year and some for him to grow into.  All of those friends also said they would pass down future clothes as well. Now, none of these people know of our struggles with money because we don't really talk about it with our friends or on Facebook. 

Absolutely Amazing!
I was thinking about it and was amazed by the amazing love of Christ.
He really came through.
We received a bunch of really nice clothes for all our children and we don't have to worry about buying any.
How wonderful is that?
My heart is soaring with joy.
How God loves us and will give to us when we ask.

I have been going through some really hard months. We have had so many struggles and hurts in our short marriage and it's been really hard to start trusting God again. I used to see things like this of God's love for me all the time but this is the first time in over three years that I have seen Him work in my life. Even if it's in something as small as hand me downs.
He has proved to me that He will always provide and the life He has planned for us is much better than the life we think we want. We just have to put our trust in Him.

Try it out!
If you feel discouraged, then I encourage you to spend time with God. Just test it and see what happens. If you want to see miracles in your life then spend time with God!

Philippians 4:19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Matthew 6:31-32 Therefore do not be anxious, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "What shall we wear?" For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment