Thursday, December 1, 2016

Doubting in the Midst of Pain and Suffering

Who am I that God would love me?
Who am I that anyone would love me?
Do I even deserve any of the things that God has blessed me with?

When I go through something difficult I immediately doubt God. 
That's my first response? Crazy right?
Where are you God? Why would you let this happen? Is there really a God? 
Do you really love me? Can't you take this pain away? If you can do all things then why didn't you take this from me? 

Then I go to blaming myself..... I deserve this! With everything I have done I can see why you would allow this to happen to me. You are making me hurt like I have hurt others. Why would I deserve any blessings? I'm a terrible person. 

My next step? I realize what I'm doing and I reach out to God. Like I never have before. I feel closer to him then I ever do. I feel him speak to me so clearly. We connect on a level unexplainable.
It's the most amazing feeling to connect with God. 
To feel him reach down and hold you in his arms. 
To feel secure in his love. 
To feel safe.

Sure the pain is still there. The horrible situation is still there. The suffering is still there. 
The loss is still there. 
But something is different,
 I have God by my side. 

We have all gone through something difficult in our lives. We have all had pain and suffering. We have lost loved ones, lost a child, been hurt by someone we love, had cancer or know someone that has cancer, lost a job, lost a home, couldn't make ends meet, There are so many painful things that we go through on this earth. 

But............

Our Response is our Responsibility!
I heard this recently in a bible study called  Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs and it hit me.
My Response IS my Responsibility! 
How am I going to respond to a terrible situation? That's up to me. 
Nobody else can determine how I respond. Sure situations can hurt me. People can hurt me.
I can be upset, angry and hurt.
But how I respond is up to me. What I make of the situation is up to me. 
Will I do something positive with the pain that I have gone through or will I dwell in it?

I have gone through a lot of painful situations in my life. Some of them I have blogged about and some of them I will write about in the future. Sometimes I wonder how much more I can take. How much more will God really make me walk through? I just want a bit of peace and an easier life.

But you know what?
 Life has difficulties. Life has pain and suffering. It's not going to be easy here on earth. So we need to make decisions on how we are going to react to our situations. 
We need to reach out to God. 
We need to connect with God like we never have before. We need to get down on our knees and spend time with him. Let him fill you with his peace and his strength. We need to reach out to each other. You never know how much you can help someone until you reach out. Spill your heart to God, then spill it to others around you. 

Remember that you will get through this. The pain will subside. You WILL move past this.
 Let God be your guide. Let God be your peace. Let God be your strength. 


John 16:33
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment