Thursday, September 22, 2016

The Changing Seasons of Life


Happy Fall!
It's the first day of Fall and I'm so excited!
I absolutely love Fall! 
It's my favorite season for sure as it is for many of us out there. 
We can't wait for cozy nights by the fire, comfy sweaters, delicious food and beautiful colorful leaves. 
I look forward to getting out all my fall decorations and beautifying my house. I can't wait for life to slow down a little and to be enjoying the comfort of my warm home. 

This time of year really makes me think about how glorious God really is. It's astonishing how he created the world to change every season. Down to the very last detail. Every leaf is changing and about to start new.  It makes me think about humans and how he has thought about every last detail. He has our life planned out from the beginning before we are even born. Sometimes in the middle of difficult situations I wonder if God really has my life planned out. Some seasons are just tough. I lose faith. I doubt. 

Autumn is a reminder that seasons change. Hot nights change to cold evenings. Green leaves change to colors of red, orange, and yellow. Whatever difficult situation that you are going through it is just a season. I remember one specific hurtful season I thought it would never get better and the season would never change.  I kept reading reminders on how the pain would pass. How I will look back one day and it wouldn't hurt so much anymore but I didn't believe it. When we are in a time of hurt, loss and pain it's really difficult to believe that there will come a time that it will pass. 

It will pass. 
Maybe that means that you have to go through a time of winter first. Where your leaves will change from red, orange and yellow to a wilted brown and fall off the tree. Maybe you will feel empty for a while as a tree does when it's leaves have all descended. That's okay, you will always come back to a season of Spring where the leaves will turn green again and life will spring back. It may come quickly and for others it may take longer, but it will come. As the seasons come and go focus on God, he will hold you up. He will always be there and he will see you through. God loves us and wants us to be happy. When we hurt, he hurts. Let him hurt with you. Let him be the shoulder you cry on and watch as he changes your life into the life he created for you.


The seasons come and go, so focus on the God who remains unchanged and unchanging. "Lord, you have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever you had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God" 
Psalm 90:1-2



No comments:

Post a Comment