Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Working Housewife

A working housewife?
 Does that even make sense? Well, I have only been working 10 hours a week for the last year and a half, so most of the time I am at home. With my older two I worked full-time and that was really hard to balance everything. Sure the money was great but was it worth it? For some of you it is and I'm glad that works for your family. It wasn't for me.
I love my job! 
I do. I have the most rewarding job out of the home. I work at our park district in a small town. I am the only employee and we have volunteers that are on the board that head up all kinds of community events and programs. I actually get paid to help organize these community events (well I mostly do the office work but I help out too). But...........I put in my notice a few weeks ago. I'm staying on for a bit to train the person that they hire. They didn't have anyone in my position when I got hired so I learned a lot and I don't want to leave them hanging when they are so busy organizing events. So I'm just waiting to hear about them hiring someone (which could take a long time because we are such a small town).
I love my kids even more!!
For me my husband and my children are my most important and rewarding job I could ever ask for. I am lucky enough to have a husband that wants me to be at home raising our kids. I think that it's so important for children to have their mothers at home with them.
I know I'm a little old fashion.
At least that is what it feels like in the world today. Years ago all mothers stayed home. I know a lot of women that don't feel that way. They want careers and feel fulfilled with them. I am totally ok with that too. (Remember I worked full-time for years with kids)
I just don't feel that way now. I want to be there anytime my husband or my kids need me.
My kids don't drive me crazy???
A lot of mothers post things on Facebook wishing that summer was over so their kids would go back to school and stop driving them crazy. I am not that mom. I want them with me more often. If they start getting a little stir crazy we just do something else or I send them outside to play.
Our weekends are for fun not work!!!
My husband works long hours. He goes to work at the sawmill at 4:30AM, he gets off that job at 2:30PM. Then he goes to his second job climbing and falling trees until 6PM sometimes later. He is tired! When he gets home all he wants is to have dinner and be able to spend some time with our kids and I before having to go to bed. I do everything around the house including house work, yard work, projects and the normal household chores. I also like to keep a really clean house so this keeps me quite busy. With me not working I feel like I want everything to be done and the house to be nice for him since he works so hard. But... I don't do any of this on the weekends. I do basics like dinner and dishes but for the most part I leave everything (the kids still have to pick up their toys though) so we can focus on our family for the weekend. No matter if that is camping, biking, snow sleding, movie watching or video game playing. I just want the time to be free for us.
What do you think? Do you prefer being a housewife or a working mother? What works for your family?
Proverbs 31:10-31
10 Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is more precious than rubies.
11 Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. 
12 She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life. 
13 She finds wool and flax and busily spins it. 
14 She is like a merchant’s ship, bringing her food from afar. 
15 She gets up before dawn to prepare breakfast for her household and plan the day’s work for her servant girls. 
16 She goes to inspect a field and buys it; with her earnings she plants a vineyard. 
17 She is energetic and strong, a hard worker. 
18 She makes sure her dealings are profitable; her lamp burns late into the night. 
19 Her hands are busy spinning thread, her fingers twisting fiber. 
20 She extends a helping hand to the poor and opens her arms to the needy. 
21 She has no fear of winter for her household, for everyone has warm clothes. 
22 She makes her own bedspreads. She dresses in fine linen and purple gowns. 
23 Her husband is well known at the city gates, where he sits with the other civic leaders. 
24 She makes belted linen garments and sashes to sell to the merchants. 
25 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future. 
26 When she speaks, her words are wise, and she gives instructions with kindness. 
27 She carefully watches everything in her household and suffers nothing from laziness. 
28 Her children stand and bless her. Her husband praises her: 
29 “There are many virtuous and capable women in the world, but you surpass them all!” 
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the LORD will be greatly praised.
31 Reward her for all she has done. Let her deeds publicly declare her praise.

No comments:

Post a Comment